Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Boots 17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Belle

Of the many awesome goodies, Kelly of Jellyminx Thinks sent over for our massive swap, I was super excited about receiving one of the Mirror Shine lipsticks from #17. English ladies from all over the blogosphere had been raving about the formula and the finish. She sent me the shade Belle which has been one of the most popular shades.


After trying the lipstick for the first time, I thought it was similar to the texture of the Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipsticks without the cucumber-melon taste or smell. They have a similar balmy and slightly glossy texture as the Maybelline ones and though these aren't discontinued unlike the Maybelline's, they are no easier to find for those of us here in America. One swipe is more of a 'my lips but better' though the color can be built up a bit. Due to the texture it doesn't exactly wear long but I'd rather have a moisturizing formula that might not hold up and need to be reapplied than a dry one that lasts forever.

From what I've remembered of the various blog posts, these are available at Boots stores in the UK and retail for... around £5. Speaking of which, I am continuously amazed at how expensive UK Drugstore (aka highstreet) items are though this is one of the less expensive ones.

1 comment:

Alana said...

I love this colour

Very beautiful.

http://alana-glamour.blogspot.com/

Kiss

Post a Comment