Sunday, May 8, 2011

Review: Miracle Skin Transformer Concealer

I was recently sent the Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal Concealer to review and I've been testing it out for about a week and thought I'd share my thoughts. If you want a quick review, go to the bottom for my Review Wrap Up.

Treat & Conceal is a natural derived silicon based 3-in-1 concealer meant for both the face and the under eye area. It boasts skin healing benefits as well, containing ingredients like Collagen Vitamin F, Chamomile and Vitamin K to protect and correct as you wear the concealer. It comes in 3 different shades, Light, Light/Medium and Medium and I was sent Light/Medium to review.

If you've been reading Jeweled Thumb with any regularity, you should know that fact should have raised red flags. Light/Medium? I am super pale and this was too dark for me. No matter, I wore it for about a week so I could share how long the product lasted on the skin.
Light/Medium is kind of a mustard-yellow color. This product is quite pigmented but unlike some full coverage concealers, the silicone provides some slip and is not heavy. When smoothed onto the skin, I can barely feel it. I applied this as an undereye concealer (with another skin color product on top) only because it would have looked a bit ridiculous on my face and I was shocked at how long it wore. Even while rubbing my eyes through allergies it lasted for 16 hours. I know. I too was shocked upon removing my makeup at 10pm only to find I still had a full undereye of concealer that I had applied at 6am. It didn't look flawless and I had a little caking but let's be honest, most foundations cake on me. But it had stayed through working, commuting, watery eyes, the whole bit.

I can't say the undereye skin looked better after using this product but it didn't look worse. It did make me feel better knowing I wasn't rubbing something with tons of chemicals near my eyes. My eyes have a tendency of burning or tearing when there's something particularly potent near them and this didn't cause that.
I tried taking pictures of my undereye area for a before and after but my camera under both conditions showed no darkness under my eyes which seems nice but is a lie. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal retails for $36, has no fragrance or parabens and is not tested on animals. It is available at miracleskintransformer.com and as I mentioned comes in 3 different shades.

Review Wrap Up: Quite expensive but is fairly pigmented so a little goes a long way. Needs a larger color range. Was pretty impressed by the longevity though used another product on top to counteract the dark yellowness of it. Didn't find it overly hydrating but most color products aren't on me. Not sure I would buy myself. Kind of worried that even the light would be too dark. Would buy a correcting color, like salmon for the undereye area, the Bobbi Brown product seems too heavy. If they sold this in stores and you could try it before you buy I'd give this a shot, but I wish the website offered samples to color match.

Disclosure: Product sent by PR for review.