Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eye Of The Day (EOTD)

I almost never post EOTD posts only because I am horrible at taking pictures of myself and I usually lose any detail by winking or moving just so so that the photo never turns out right. So, even though this picture is probably crap, I am sharing it because it is by far my favorite eye look and it is as simple as can be.
By the way, I'm not sure if you can tell, but I'm wearing Fyrinnae's lip lustre in Bloodstains on my cheeks! I posted about this on twitter but in case you don't follow me, I'm going to share it again. Either way, I wasn't thrilled with the way Bloodstains looked on my lips (it went quite brown), but on my cheeks it's just a lovely healthy reddish flush! Here's the post where you can see the swatch. Now if you're going to do this, be sure to only use a little dab and blend it quickly!

Anyway, I used:
Lumene eye primer
Stila Wheat (my absolute favorite eyeshadow and my favorite Stila)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Rockstar (dark purple)
Bourjois waterproof mascara in brown
Sue Devitt Starlights Clear Water Eyeshadow in Leo (just a dab patted with my finger on the center of the lid over the Wheat for extra shine)

Many swatches of these products can be found in my 5 Minute Face/Eyes post. Can you tell I tend to use the same things over and over again? Now you do.

This was one of my quick and dirty, I need to actually wear makeup when I go to Sephora, looks (and it was applied about 5 hours ago so you can see how it wears). The eyeliner isn't completely even but I didn't care. Ooh, speaking of which, I finally got the Benefit Legally Bronze set which I'll feature shortly.

(Also please be nice and ignore my hideous eyebrows. I've been meaning to go get them waxed but I'm scared to try a new waxing place since we moved!)