Friday, September 2, 2011

August Empties

Lately I've been focusing on my crazy stash of items that would live in my shower if I had any room. I am trying to be as successful as Phyrra was during her Project 15 "pan" of body care items. You see, it's even more ridiculous for me because I've found I much prefer soap to body wash. And once I get into a routine, it's hard to switch it up. Either way, I've moved any soap I was dying to try out of my bathroom and moved the shower gels in.

The Body Shop Merry Cranberry Body Smoother - I can not resist The Body Shop during their winter sales and I really should especially when it comes to shower gels. This is supposed to be a body exfoliant, but it's nowhere near the scrubbiness I like (the walnut particles and cranberry seeds were not dense enough to do much good) so I basically used this as a shower gel. It smells absolutely delicious and made me feel as though fall would get here eventually which helps during some of the awful heat we've had this summer. The scent lingers a little after you shower but it doesn't last for long. I love their Cranberry range but I'd be smart to skip this product this holiday season!
H2O Hair Repair Seaweed Masque - This can be used as a masque or as an everyday conditioner; I've used it as both. I found this did a great job of moisturizing my hair and it has a nice ocean-y scent. I picked this up at Tjmaxx and I'm not sure H2O still makes this but as I've mentioned before, the line is seriously overlooked!
Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues - In August I went back to my beloved Epielle Cucumber makeup wipes! I love these and for $1 they can't be beat. The cucumber version is very soothing and doesn't burn my eyes like the regular version. Plus, they smell lovely.
Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution - I reviewed this here. I like this micellar water but I've realized I'm partial to products that aren't as watery. With liquids I feel as though there is more waste. Still, I have another bottle to get through and it's nice and is very gentle on my sensitive skin. I tend not to use this for makeup removal as it's more work than a wipe. I usually use this when I'm feeling especially lazy in the morning to "wash" my face or as a refresher if I'm home. And an update to my prior review, it does not remove waterproof mascara or really any heavy makeup. Let's just say I wouldn't trust this as my main makeup removal method.

So unless you want to count the paltry sample of the Nuance Body Cream which I despised, that's the lot for August. Have you used up anything recently?