Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution

Everyone has been gushing over Bioderma, a french pharmacy brand that makes a Micelle/micellare (and various other spellings depending on if you are trying to spell in french or english or what I like to call frenglish). The only problem is getting a hold of the product. Apparently it's quite cheap in France but not so much in the states. To buy the 250ml Bioderma Créaline H2O you can order from Amazon for upwards of $33 including shipping or you can attempt to order from China or figure out the translation to order directly from France. Not only do you have the hassle of ordering internationally, but you run the risk of being allergic, or sensitive to the product and you can't return it!
I've spoken highly of the gel version of the La Roche Posay range's micellar product and when I was poking around a new to me CVS I found the majority of the Vichy range as well and within it the Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 Calming Cleansing Solution. Its' micellar product comes in a 200ml bottle (as does the La Roche Posay version) and clocks in at $16 US dollars (plus tax obviously - the La Roche Posay version is $20). And you can return it if it doesn't work.
Obviously as a deal seeker I was all over this. I've been using it for a few days now and aside from my dislike for all things without pumps, I love it! Doesn't burn my sensitive eyes, doesn't burn my skin, removes makeup, haven't tested on waterproof mascara yet but I imagine it'll be fine like most other products with the technology. Honestly, I'm quite pleased! Definitely check out your local CVS if you've been wanting the Bioderma. Cheaper and much closer to home!