Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Birchbox

Guys, you know I'm the first to defend Birchbox but this box was seriously underwhelming. Usually there will be at least one decent sized product in it but these are all card samples. I was so excited to read that there was a Shu Uemura hair product in it but it's teeny tiny, it looks even smaller than the Kiehls samples included which is 4ml/.14oz. Seriously, Birchbox and no chocolate in February? What gives?

Anyway... the products
* Eye Rocks Designer tape liner 1 pack of 4 (full size, 2 packs of 4 $13)
* Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum .17oz/5mL (full size, 2oz $29)
* Shu Uemura Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Hair Oil <.14oz/4mL (full size, 150mL $68)
* Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution .14oz/4mL (full size 1oz, $49.50)
extra  Supersmile Single Dose Powdered Mouthrinse 2 packets (full size 24 packets, $16)
extra free digital downloads for a random indie band

Basically... I could have done without this box. The Shu Uemura oil is something I've been wanting to try but the sample size is so miniscule that it makes it less exciting. The eyeliner sticker thingies are really weird but I'll give them a go. Basically, major yawn and nowhere near worth $10. If you started now and received this box, I feel kind of apologetic for recommending this service. There is nothing deluxe about the samples I received.

Disclosure: I did include a referral link but don't click it if this is what's to come. Hopefully the March box is more exciting. This was major major snooze fest.