Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm

The last time I went to Sephora, I picked this lip balm up. I had been wanting to try it for some time as so many bloggers rave about it, but I've always hesitated. I selected the Black Tea & Raspberry scent because it seemed pleasant. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balms contain an SPF of 25 and come in a standard squeeze tube with .25oz of product for $7.50. The Jack Black line is marketed towards men but I think the offering of different flavors appeals to women.
Given it's praise, I was a bit disappointed when I used this. It is your typical clear, slightly thick clear gel - it reminds me of a slightly thicker Vaseline. I don't find this moisturizes my lips though it doesn't make them peel or get super dry. I think I might be sensitive to one of the ingredients as it makes my lips tingle slightly when I use it. If I put this on moisturized lips it does nothing and if I put it on dry peeled lips it does nothing. Basically, I don't see what all the fuss is about but it could be due to an ingredient sensitivity. The one thing I do like is the scent as it smells like Raspberry Snapple Iced Tea.

As seldom as I return, I think this is going back.

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%.

Other Ingredients: Shea Butter (butyrospermum Parkii Fruit), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Current) Seed Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract, Tocopeheryl Acetate (vitamin E).