Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream

So let's review. My skin is very dry and very sensitive. 

Saturday I woke up with a rash that basically covered my entire face aside from my forehead. Of course, it was nowhere near my body so no walk-in clinic would treat me. Splashing lukewarm/cold/warm water on it burned, touching it burned (showering was highly unpleasant). It looked gross. I was in the middle of trying to write a paper so it was very distracting. It was red and blotchy and hurt. I was really at a loss and basically decided that I was going to baby my skin and hope it got better on its own (side note, you know why that is? Because no walk in clinic would prescribe me a corticosteroid because it was on my face and my doctor's office isn't open when office workers walk the earth). Anyway, basically, since Saturday, I have very gently washed my face with the Ahava Rich Cleansing Cream and then slathered this on top. This being the Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream which Kelly so kindly sent me ages ago. Thank goodness I didn't use this as a regular moisturizer because although there are still remnants of angry red blotchy sand-papery monster, there are some spots where you can actually feel my skin and after several days of that not being the case, any progress is good news!

So here's hoping Oilatum comes to the states in a more reputable venue than slightly sketchy Amazon sellers. Or Kelly and I will just have to have another swap soon (hint hint).

Basically, this stuff rocks.
(The Ahava ain't too shabby either. I quite like it and the little tube that came in the Birchbox lasts forever.)

1 comment:

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Claire: It's ok and yes, my skin has finally stopped being a mess! Thank goodness. Definitely using the delete button for the spammer.

Post a Comment