Monday, February 20, 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag?

I have a really bad habit of doing my makeup in the car before going into work. Basically, my workweek makeup is very simple and no fuss. I really should start to expand my horizons and switch things out and ya know, apply things like blush but I don't trust myself that early and before I've had my coffee (also my cheeks are naturally red so I prefer the no-blush look). I keep my makeup in a clear case from the Benefit Legally Bronze set. I like it because it's plastic and easy to clean and it's clear so I can see everything in it. It holds a surprising amount too.
The back. I recently finished a mascara so that's why the Rimmel one is unused and still in the original packaging. I'll be opening that up on Tuesday.
And the contents:
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear - review pending
Revlon Age Defying - review pending
Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Powder - reviewed and since hit pan
ULTA Retractable Kabuki
Shu Uemura eyelash curlers
Geo Girl Pressed Eyeshadow
elf under eye concealer/brightener
Pixi Eye Bright Primer
Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof in Flashy Copper
Sephora Jumbo Liner 12h in Taupe
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Almost Famous
MAC Powerpoint in Gilded White
Milani Easy Liner for eyes in Terra Brown

eye drops - very important!

Lips get changed out daily - I also keep the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle in my bag as it's a standard/matches everything kind of color.

For my everyday look I generally apply the eyeshadow all over with my finger (it's basically a "my lid but better" color) and then line the upper and lower lashline with the Jumbo Liner which I absolutely love (though I do swap out the liners every couple of days). That and a generous coating of mascara is all I usually do for my eyes. I know I know... I should do more. I am just so tired and lazy in the morning. I'd rather get an extra bit of sleep - it's the weekend when I generally do the experimenting.

Pretty sad for a beauty blogger, huh? Show me yours?