Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stash Pictures: Nails

I make no promises that I'll actually take and post pictures of my entire stash, but my nail polish stash is a more reasonable size and fairly easy to take pictures of. So I'll admit something; I have this issue with using what I deem "nice things" - so even if I purchase something, It will take me awhile to use it and feel like I "deserve" it. I know this is kind of weird but I can't be the only person who thinks this way. So, even though brands like OPI and China Glaze are not exactly what you'd call expensive, they are considerably more than the $2 nail polish that I generally buy. It's kind of embarrassing that I have tried about 1/3 of the polishes that I own, but I'm working on it! And posting NOTD helps me try out new colors. Anyway, onward.

Now that I've kind of explained myself. Here is the stash in its' entirety (actually, I just noticed that the Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud isn't in here; wonder where it's gone off to). So, my stash in almost its' entirety (-1).


Ok, these are my 3 boxes - I bought them at the Container Store - I believe they are $1.50 - they are sold as shoe boxes. Now, for the shocker (or I guess not since I've already warned you) - I've only used the products in the very first box (the one on the far left). I also recently bought a majority of these colors - reference the 'I found sales' post in which I bought 11 polishes. Anyway, I'm going to post more pictures of the first box and then NOTD for the rest of them, when I get to them!

Boring stuff: top/bottom coats, mattening products, remover... etc



Neutrals

pinks and lone red glitter

silvers/blues

last two Milani glitters
Well, I didn't even realize that I've never really worn a true red polish or any greens! Guess I'll remedy that soon. Although I've already picked out my next manicure: Hard Candy's Mr. Wrong.

14 comments:

Musicalhouses said...

I love your nail stash, esp the neutrals! The mushroomy colours are one of my faves!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@musicalhouses: Thanks! The neutral colors are my faves too (as you can probably tell)!

Meeka said...

I realized recently that my nail polish stash is starting to get a little out of hand. I have worn the majority of them though! It's just so hard sometimes when you see all those pretty colors, and I get so excited when I get new shades lol. I can sympathize with you though, I may not save my nail polish for special occasions but I find myself frequently buying clothing that I love then rarely wearing it because I don't feel like I have a reason to.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Blueyez: Oh, I know! It's really hard when you see all the pretty colors and even worse when other bloggers post about them! I'm simply mesmerized when I go look at some of the polish blogs... must...have...

ndoodles said...

Nope, I don't feel like that w/ my nail polishes. When I buy a nail polish - all I can think about is WEARING IT! Kinda crazy - like I want to get in the car and just put it on. I guess we all have our strange things :D

I really like some of your colors though :D VERY PRETTY.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@ndoodles: Yeah, everyone has their own quirks. =)

~Lisa said...

Great post =] Yea, I feel the same. I just got a Konad and I still haven't used it =O!!

And hope you find Opulent Cloud! =D

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lisa: You should use it! And of course you'll listen to me after this post. =p

JennXOXO said...

Great stash! Can't wait to see your NOTD's from the 3rd box :)

Bea said...

nice stash. i love the orly pink :)
imma gonna do my nails after commenting to this post. lol. followed you by the way. check me out too hun. xoxo

Michelle from MI said...

I would love to hear what you think of the CQ polishes!I always look at these in Rite-Aid but never seem to hear much about them.Any comments would be appreciated incl.colors that you esp. like.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@JenXOXO: Thanks hon. Yeah, I think I'll get to a color in box #3 it in my next manicure. =)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Bea: Thanks! Welcome to JT. Post your NOTD when you're done. =)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Michelle: I've found the CQ polishes to be kind of on the sheer side, but in my experiences, they've been pretty decent in terms of wear/formula. Of course, I've only tried a few of them not the entire line! I bought them when they were BOGO 50% at Rite Aid.

Post a Comment