Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Winter Lips: Now 10x More Kissable!

I'm going to nod to Nouveau Cheap with this post. During the winter, my poor lips get sore and dry. It doesn't seem to matter how much water I drink or which lip products I apply because once I'm out in the wind for a few minutes, they are history. I have tried pretty much every product out there but there is one I keep coming back to. Now it's not really marketed as a lip product. Before I say anything, think back to the meal that you last ate. Mmmm. Now, after that meal, how did your lips feel?

Well, thanks to my "health" salad, my lips are silky smooth for now. Why? Olive oil! Don't look at me so crazy. I'm not telling you to slather butter on your lips. Wait - If I were, would you do it?

A little dab'll do. By way of Q-tip or previous dinner course. Works wonders. I just bought myself a big 10oz bottle (for cooking!) for $8. Assuming I use 1/4 tsp per application... that's em...

(whips out calculator and cross multiplies)

Less than 3 cents per use! Well that's economical.