Friday, June 17, 2011

Beauty Blog Backstage June 2011 - Featuring CucumPear!

I know it's been quite awhile since my last Beauty Blog Backstage post. I took a few months off but now I'm back and interviewing the lovely CucumPear! She does very neat nail art so check her out whenever you get the chance. Here are her responses (be on the lookout for my responses on her partner post).

1. Are there any nail polishes (colors not bases or topcoats) that you've managed to finish?

Very, very few in the last few years. I just have too many bottles to actually use any up. Back when I only had a dozen colours or so I did finish them more or less regularly. Since then I've gone through a couple of white crèmes (since I use them as base for neons and for frankening) and almost two bottles of Eyeko Vamp Polish, again mostly for frankening.


2. Since you've been blogging, what have you learned?

The most important things I've learned are how to clean up my cuticles using a brush and the importance of a good base coat. It's good to know that when I mess up my nail art I can remove it and start over once or twice as long as I have a fully dry and well-sealed base colour.


3. What is your favorite restaurant?

I don't really have one right now. I used to love a Chinese restaurant just around the corner with owners that really were Chinese and truly excellent food, but the owners retired and it's now under new management.


4. What is your most favorite nail polish shade?

That's a really hard question, I guess apple green. I do love most shades of green and teal, though.


5. Where would you like to visit?

I've been wanting to go to Japan for many years. Some day I shall manage, but I really should start learning Japanese as I've been meaning to do for ages.


6. Do you match your polish to clothes you are wearing?

Never on purpose unless I have a wedding or such to attend and am going to wear a very carefully planned outfit! I usually choose my clothing mostly independently from what I have on my nails, I try not to clash too badly, though. Overall I prefer complementing and contrasting to matching.


7. What are you craving right now?

A whole bunch of colours from BB Couture, somehow I always see polishes I need but never get around to actually ordering them. And also Raspberry Banana Split. Tastes so good!


If you are curious about Beauty Blogs' Backstage check out the website. It's quite fun to e-meet and learn more about your fellow bloggers!