Thursday, June 9, 2011

June Birchbox

It's that time again!

The contents of my June Birchbox fit into 3 categories, 1) small samples 2) medium samples and 3) the main event. I think we have to thank the UK company Glossy Box for a bit of friendly competition. You know if Glossy Box maintains the trend of full size samples and eventually makes it across the pond, Birchbox subscribers would switch over (at least I would).

Anyway, onward.


Small Samples
First up, small samples included 2 Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads (full size is 20 applications for $32), Pangea Organics Balancing Oil packet and a sample vial of Kate Spade Twirl fragrance (full size is $65-$80). These are the type of samples that come free with online orders so a big yawn here.

Medium Samples
There were two medium (aka deluxe) samples in my box this month: Pangea Organics Toner Italian Green Mandarin & Sweet Lime 1.8floz (full size 4floz $26) and the Amika Hair Oil Treatment .34floz (full size 3.38floz $34).

The Main Event (!!)

Why hello there!

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten in Honey Dipped .32oz (full size .32oz $29.50)!!!!!!
Beautiful baked golden shade perfect for summer (and these Laura Geller blushes are super nice).

So I was quite thrilled with my 2nd Birchbox! I hope these full sizes products are now the norm! Nice surprise and deal for $10 including shipping!

5 comments:

SiSi Sparkles said...

great deal!! My sis is sending me one for my bday, can't wait. :]

ehinks21 said...

AHHH!!! I didn't want to read this because I wanted to be surprised tomorrow when I get mine. lol I hope mine has the Laura Geller in it as well! Yay!

Jamie Dorman said...

Nice stuff! I thought this kind of sample service would be a waste of money, but maybe not with full sized products!

To ELLE and Back said...

I'm awaiting my first glossy box in the UK...dubious as to whether they will manage to keep up the full size goods or whether that was just a teaser to get more people signed up.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Sisi: Cool! I hope it's good!

@lilybean: Sorry killing the surprise! Hope you got one.

@PCS: Me too, but it is turning out to be a good decision. I hope it keeps up like this.

@toElle&Back: I'm curious too. I hope both companies can keep this up. With the kind of money they are making, I bet this wouldn't hurt their profits if they did either way!

Post a Comment