Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: Sula Paint & Peel Polish in Sorbet


A month or so ago, Big Lots had a bunch of Sula Paint & Peel polishes for the very reasonable price of $2.50. They have been carried at ULTA recently and I think they are making a return based on Sula's tweets. I was feeling bored but didn't want to sit down for a full manicure so I brought out the shade Sorbet. In the bottle it looks a bit darker than on the nails and these pictures are awful (and don't mind my cuticles)! This is 24 hours of wear including 2 showers.

Even though these technically dry fast, they stay mushy for quite a while after painting them. The positive thing is that it didn't stain anything or move from the nail but I'll just say I tried going for the textured look? I got a lot of tip wear. I noticed a bit of the dried red on my desk at work at some point though it was easy to remove from the surface.

I'd say this stuff is good for a pick-me-up when you don't have time for a manicure but still want something on your nails but don't expect it to last long.

First coat was kind of streaky yet surprisingly opaque (more than I was expecting anyway). The 2nd coat more or less evened it out but I still got some streaks. I'd say lay down thicker layers as these polishes dry quickly.
This is my left hand. I couldn't get a good shot of my right hand but the wear was significantly worse. And the tops got more bumpy (likely because I'm right handed).

Sula's Paint & Peel polishes retail for $9 and are available online and at ULTA. They are water based and free of the big3.