Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Search For The Softest Travel Kabuki

I went to ULTA today for two purposes:

1. To find a nice travel kabuki that was soft - I've been doing my face makeup in the parking garage of my office before starting my day. I find myself less stressed once I'm actually at my work location (those of you in the DC Metro area will understand) and don't sweat it off trying to rush around the house before I leave. I have destroyed the soft mini kabuki I was using (it was a freebie after all) and the one that I've replaced it with is scratchy and far from soft.
2. To use up my rewards points - For those of you that are members of the ULTA points reward system that rewards you with money off your purchase (not the x-times annual gift voucher program), the points expire tomorrow. June 30th any of the points you have accumulated will disappear and ULTA is good with pretending the points don't expire since there is no mention of this June 30th date anywhere on the ULTA website.

Anyway, my search was noble and indeed would prove difficult.

I walked around the store petting each travel kabuki I could find. It was imperative the kabuki have a protective outer cover since it was going to spend the majority of the time in my hand bag. I tried expensive brands, cheap brands, semi-cheap brands. The softest one I could find was the Japonesque Travel Kabuki but it is $30. However...


In UTLA's regular line (not even the professional line), I found the softest most cost effective travel kabuki!
$18 still isn't pocket change, but my store honored the 50% off ULTA line sale (website does not) so I only paid $9 (or $0 if you prefer since I had $9 worth of rewards points)
If you read the reviews on ULTA's site, you'll see the packaging is flawed. Mine doesn't stay closed so I'm going to try exchanging it for another one. But this is by far the least expensive and softest kabuki at ULTA (even more so than the Too Faced retractable one). I'd recommend giving it a shot if you're looking for a decent one. Though, definitely test the packaging before bringing it home.

6 comments:

lily said...

Sawasdee ka!
I come to visit you blog naka. ^-^

Sarah Vaughn said...

I really like the Eco Tools retractable kabuki. I also have their mini one from one of their travel sets and it's nice too.

Jamie Dorman said...

Wow you got a good deal! I hope you can exchange it!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@lily: Thanks for visiting! =)

@Hana: I tried looking for that one, but it wasn't in stock. The Eco Tools stand is super small at my ULTA anyway so they may not even carry it. I'll try that one next if the ULTA one doesn't last.

@PCS: I hope so. I still have the receipt. =)

Olivia Frescura said...

sigma beauty's kabukis are really good. the miss taylor one and the something about marilyn one are two that i've had and they are baby butt soft....if that's supposed to be a good thing.
:D

Anonymous said...

You should check into the Eco Tools travel kabuki. It's great and soft.

Post a Comment