Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Archipelago Pomegranate Soap

I've always been a big fan of the Archipelago brand, though for some reason I hadn't yet tried their soaps. But since one came in the May Birchbox in one of my favorite scents, I anxiously awaited the moment when I finished my previous soap (small shower, only 1 cleansing option at a time *sniff*). The sample size I received was just over an ounce and the soap is usually 6.8oz and retails for $12.50. It is a bit pricey for soap so I definitely prefer the free sample in that regard.

Anyway, I've been using it in the shower for the past week or thereabouts and I quite like it. The lather is very soft and creamy (the only con of that is that the soap gets used up faster than a harder textured one). I didn't notice any consider dryness after showers aside from my hands which I usually always get from my dandruff shampoo. My skin feel smooth, soft and not stripped of all oils. It still requires a moisturizer afterwards but it wouldn't hurt to skip it. Anyone else hate applying moisturizer in the summer months?

I love the cute design etched in the top so this is the perfect guest soap. The scent is quite strong in the box but I found it very light and refreshing in the shower. I love crisp juicy scents (mainly citrus but pomegranate has that tartness that I like) in the shower and especially during the summer.

I personally don't think I would purchase this at full price, but definitely if I found it on sale. I'm a bar soap gal so I'm happy to find another brand that makes good ones.

Ingredients:
SODIUM PALMATE SODIUM COCOATE* WATER GLYCERIN FRAGRANCE MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO SEED) BUTTER TITANIUM DIOXIDE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE TETRASODIUM EDTA SODIUM CHLORIDE TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE PENTASODIUM PENTETATE

2 comments:

Kristie said...

The soap design and packaging are cute. I'm not a huge fan of showering with soap bars but love to wash my hands with them. Thanks for the in-depth review.

Jeweled Thumb said...

For me it's simply the fact they take up less space and don't require another big bottle and a loofah! Plus I don't know, something about reusing loofahs makes me nervous about bacteria even when you clean them after each shower!

Post a Comment