Monday, October 10, 2011

October Birchbox

My October Birchbox arrived and I just got the chance to open it and look through the contents. To be quite honest, I was a bit underwhelmed. Not that I expect hope for full size products in all of the boxes (ok maybe I do a little bit), but when places like Bloom are giving 3 deluxe samples when you spend $50, as much as I love the Birchbox concept, I'm not sure how much longer I'll be a subscriber unless they bring a really awesome box fairly soon.

The contents:
*Ahava Rich Cleansing Cream .68 floz (full size 3.4floz $30)
* Befine Lip Serum .34 floz (full size .5 floz $20)
*Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze .5oz (full size 2oz $25)
*Orofluido Beauty Elixir .17 floz (full size 3.4 floz $29.99)
extra The Laundress Delicate Wash Laundry Detergent


I'll admit that the Befine Lip Serum is a really good size (more than 1/2 the full size) but the line was originally available at CVS and that has kind of ruined the prestige-ness of the line for me. What I am excited about is the Orofluido Beauty Elixir which is a hair oil. I opened up the vial to sniff and it smells delicious! It's a lovely smokey amber vanilla scent and I'm kind of disappointed it's a hair oil and not a perfume!

So while I was kind of bummed the box didn't hold a full size item, I am excited to try out all of the products and maybe I've been spoiled by my earlier boxes. At least this month didn't have a dinky perfume sample.

What did you get in your October Birchbox?