Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Review: Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Healthy Wear™ SPF 50 Powder Foundation

Nouveau Cheap has been professing her love for this powder and has bought quite a few of these during the CVS semi-annual beauty sale. For $3.99 a pop, why not? She has light-medium toned skin and it's very oily. I, on the other hand, have very fair dry skin so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it while you may still be able to get your hands on it.

Translucent Light is a very good match for my skin (~NW10 or thereabouts). It does a good job of covering redness and evens out my skin tone. It's not amazing at acne/breakout coverage and can tend to collect on dry patches. That being said, I've found this manages to stay less flaky and dry and patchy throughout the day then other powder foundations that I've used (it beats MAC Studio Fix Powder and Bare Escentuals Regular by far). It definitely looks the most natural and I tend to get "your skin looks great" with this rather than "oh you're wearing makeup". It's easy to reapply and blends out well. I've found the little sponge included is actually very nice at applying the product though obviously you can only use it so much before it has to be tossed or carefully cleansed.

Basically, I want to let everyone know that's been curious that this is not just for those with oily skin. It works very well on my dry skin and lasts during the day with minimal flaky or patchiness. It's definitely worth picking up with the discount and let's just say I'm slowly collecting enough to rival Ms. G's little backup collection. For under $4 with the 75% off sale, it simply can't be beat.

PS The bronzer I originally posted about here is also very nice and the Light one is the perfect all over bronzing color for us pale ladies.

In other news, sorry for the lack of pictures. I am having technical (ie computer) difficulties and one day sometime in the near future (hopefully), a new machine will be on its way to me!