Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review: Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner SPF 15

I apologize in advance for the stock picture. I've been trying out this lip balm for about a week and wanted to share my thoughts. Estee Lauder is a brand that normally markets to more mature ladies though recently, they've used the blogosphere to attract a different audience. I'm honestly not sure how this made its way into my stash because I don't remember purchasing it; maybe a swap extra? Either way, rambling aside, I've been using this for about a week.

Now you all know how much I love my Woody's Citrus Ice lip balm, which I actually finished. If not, let me remind you. Well, this stuff is pretty decent as well, however, I don't feel it moisturizes nearly as well as the Woody's. If my lips are already hydrated, it does a fairly decent job of keeping them that way, but if I apply on dry flaky lips, it doesn't do the heavy duty hydrating job that the Woody's does. It does have a similar texture, a bit of slip, but more on the thick creamy side (which I prefer - and makes it ideal to double as a lipstick base). Since it comes in a lipstick tube, it has the harder texture and isn't mushy. I've found that this has kept its shape in my purse even after standing around waiting for the commuter train in the heat. And, even though it's in that tell tale signature gold case, I don't feel negative about pulling it out in public, in fact, I quite enjoy it! It's quite heavy substantial and luxe.

There's no obvious scent to the product though you get a bit of an SPF aftertaste in your mouth after application (or perhaps it's the shea butter?). The Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner SPF 15 retails for $16.50 and comes in a .13oz/3.8g stick.

I'm not sure I'll repurchase but I'll use up this tube.

Have you tried the Estee Lauder Lip Conditioner? What are your thoughts on the product?