Monday, November 9, 2009

Current Faves


I know there are several bloggers out there that do a list - usually monthly of their favorite items. I obviously missed the boat on the October lists. However, I really am thrilled with some of these items and simply can't wait to share my love for them!
Woody's Quality Grooming Citrus Lip Ice SPF 15: This isn't just for men, ladies! This is Fresh Sugar's cheaper-slighter more emollient (but not overly so)-little sister brother. And while I'm comparing it to Fresh, it's $7.50. It comes with a clasp to attach it to your rugged backpack er purse. And it's not outrageously heavy either. Oh and it's $7.50. I swear the smell of the two of these is extremely close. It's not spot on, but I think I may prefer the Woody's to tell you the truth. Sometimes with Fresh you get this weird after/taste/smell? You can get this at most places that sell the Woody's shave and grooming brand. I found mine at Beauty First but check online. While I was searching for pictures, I found that this is marked down at quite a few e-tailers.
ELF Studio Line Undereye Concealer & Highlighter: Ok, really the only part of this I'm raving about is the concealer part. The highlighter isn't quite as subtle as I'd like - too shimmery. However, the concealer part is awesome and it's one of the only under eye concealers that works on my super pale complexion. Even only liking half the product, at $3 and often on sale, it's not exactly breaking the bank. This stuff is awesome. I use the fair color and for reference I'm about a NW10. The best part about this is the consistency. It's not thick and cakey OR thin and runny. It's a perfect slightly thick liquid. I dot this on the skin under my eyes and pat gently with my finger. A little goes quite a long way.

Tarte Cheekstain in Tipsy: This is the perfect glowy peach on me. I love this because it's so easy to apply. I usually use it over foundation giving myself "grease stripes" and then buffing it out with a synthetic brush. It's super easy and very hard to goof at 6:20am even when I'm only half awake. It's a significant amount of money but I generally buy the mini size on Ebay (I have one that I bought quite awhile ago that I've hardly made a dent in!).