Wednesday, September 22, 2010

MAC Cyndi, Various Rambles & A Supermini Haul

I just want to first apologize for the lack of blog posts recently. I'm a bit stressed out with work, back issues (yes still!) and the seemingly continuous sinus infections that have taken residence in my body this season.

Anyway, first of all, I finally got a hold of the MAC LE Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick. I've been wanting this ever since it came out, but due to the fact that this and the Gaga lipstick sold out quickly when it first debuted, I held off till the hype died down and then kind of forgot about it. Then after realizing it was going away for good early next year (Temptalia says Feb 2011 I think), I realized I needed to act a bit quicker. Of course I'm trying to save some money lately as well, so I waited to swap for it. Well, the other lady got her end yesterday so I tried out my new lipstick today!
I'm actually a little surprised how pigmented it is, even though it's definitely sheerer than it appears in the tube and it's the light glossy lustre finish that I love.
One coat on my lips is a pinky peachy color. I think it gives a similar brightening effect that MAC Jazzed gives and I prefer the lustre finish. You can still see my freckles. Oh and I hate how my bottom lip sticks out like that... or the under bottom or the double lip chin thing? I kind of wish my lips were smaller or at least not so protruding?

Then after my physical therapy, I popped by CVS for some water (sure Ivy, just water, eh?) and remembered I had a coupon for $2 off Maybelline Lash Stilleto (from the red machine of awesomeness), and Maybelline eye and lip is buy $10 get $3 Extrabucks and there were tear pads on an LE display nearby... so I got Lash Stilleto Voluptious waterproof for around $4 and I'll be testing it out starting tomorrow since my allergies are back (though did they ever go away?) with a vengeance. Oh, speaking of this little deal. The Lash Stiletto was $9.99 and it still gave me the Extrabucks!
See, proof of mini haul.

So I apologize for my ramblings. Whenever I get really tired (or in this case, a full work day plus an hour of strength training my core) I start making less and less sense. Hope everyone is doing well!

6 comments:

amanda said...

I love Viva Glam Cyndi! Its so easy to control how pigmented you want it to be. Its very nice on you too!

Jamie Dorman said...

Your lips are so full! Mine are unbalanced, each side is a different shape!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Amanda: Thanks! It can definitely be a statement lip!

@PCS: We all want what we can't have, eh? I wish mine were smaller!

Jem said...

i also love the VG Cyndi..
actually i like it better than the Gaga one for i think Cyndi is a flattering color for most skin tones while Cyndi is not as friendly to most...

was so disappointed in my Gaga lipstick
>_<

CelyFrenchie said...

I also love the color of the VG Cyndi, didn't think it was so light :)

Kisses ♥

Jeweled Thumb said...

@thiamere: I haven't tried the Gaga, mostly cause I knew I wouldn't wear it!

@CelyFrenchie: Oh, this was a really light application. I'm sure it can be built up for more oomph!

Post a Comment