Saturday, September 11, 2010

Review: Rock & Republic Luxe Lipgloss in Drama Queen

There's been so much buzz with Rock & Republic blushes and also eyeshadows, but I rarely hear anything about the lip glosses. There's been a lot of rumors going around that the makeup portion of the line is closing and the stock on the website has been discounted 50% for weeks now, but they seem to keep restocking for some items so I'm not sure what's going on there. It also ends up on sites like Hautelook often, but again, doesn't seem to be closing as soon as we all thought?

Anyway, you can take 50% off all cosmetics and Rock and Republic with code ROCKCOSMETICS. Shipping is 99 cents today anyway. It says for a limited time but it's been like that since at least August, so who knows!

During one of my hauls, I picked up one of the lipglosses from the line, in the color Drama Queen, which has disappeared off the Rock & Republic website. The glosses retail for $26 dollars but are $13 with the sale so in line with MAC prices. They come in a weird kind of test tube shaped... tube with a snazzy R&R logo on the top of the cap and contain 3.5ml or .11floz.
 
Drama Queen is a peachy pink with subtle gold shimmer, kind of like an Orgasm. I really like this gloss, a lot. It is pretty opaque, creamy, moisturizing, fairly long lasting (when it does wear off it leaves a uniform color behind) not sticky and smells faintly of vanilla. It's like MAC lip glass except it doesn't feel like glue! Huzzah!


I've taken a few swatches and even done lip swatches although they aren't the best and my lips aren't in amazing shape right now.

I was surprised at how opaque this gloss is. For me at least, it always seems the more opaque a gloss is, the more drying it is, not this baby! Love! Not sure I'll buy another since I am absolutely swimming in lip gloss right now, but if I ever used one up - oh who am I kidding? Anyway, it's a nice gloss if you can manage to get some of these before the line goes away for good!

My only complaint is that since the gloss is a bit on the thicker side, the doe foot wand doesn't always pick up enough product for a full application and I have to re-dip, and it pops up from the tube with a bit of pressure when you first open it. Otherwise, I'm definitely a fan.


Have you tried the Rock & Republic line and/or the lipglosses? What did you think?

Disclosure: This post includes a referral link to Hautelook

3 comments:

Tali said...

I have a shimmery one from a year ago! I am not a fan of the flavour.. sort of vanillaish mac lipstick tasting.. hate hate hate that but love the gloss as its not sticky and is packaged so well!

Jeweled Thumb said...

oh gosh, Tali, I am so honored that you even came over here... umm sorry fan-girl moment!

I happen to like the subtle vanilla scent but I definitely agree with the packaging and texture. I hope they aren't DC-ed for good!

Lydia said...

I have and like this and a few other bits from the R&R line. It's a shame they pulled out of the UK - the blushers and eyeshadows are excellent quality too.

Post a Comment