Monday, September 6, 2010

Wash On Wash Off

I tend to suffer from dry sensitive skin. Granted, it can become oily on my T-zone during the day, but generally speaking, it tends to be more tight than shiny. This has led me to cleanse only when necessary. However, I've noticed a drastic change in my skin recently that has come from cleansing twice in the evening and making a point to cleanse after waking up (something I was never terribly great at remembering to do in the past). I have even cleansed and moisturized during the day when I'm home, which as long as I remember moisturizer after, makes my skin feel really nice, fresh and clean. I never would have done that in the past thinking it would dry my skin out more!

I've been using a towelette to remove makeup from my face in the evening and then following up with a separate cleanser (though in the winter, I'll probably switch to a cleansing oil as it isn't quite as abrasive as scrubbing with a wipe). Something tells me that the majority of the break outs I was experiencing were from remnants of my makeup not coming off, even if my toner soaked cotton pad showed no evidence of that. This is especially key in the warmer months, when I'm not only sweating more, but using waterproof makeup.

Have you recently changed your skincare routine? Has it helped?

2 comments:

Jess said...

I recently started using The Body Shop seaweed skincare range, with help from their facial buffer, and I noticed the difference in my skin almost immediately. My skin is a lot smoother now, so I'm a happy bunny. :)

awaywiththefairiesx.blogspot.com

xo

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Jess: I love that range! I'm especially a fan of the night treatment serum stuff. It's fab!

Post a Comment