Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review: Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptous WP

If you remember, I recently picked up a new mascara from Maybelline. While the name is a bit excessive, I wanted to share my thoughts regarding this mascara. I'll say right out that I quite like it. I didn't really like it the first day I used it, but I've managed to figure out how to use the brush (I think!) and it holds a curl pretty well (my biggest issue with mascaras as my lashes are long but stick straight). It doesn't flake throughout the day, although it does transfer a bit onto my lid and below my lower lashes right after application. And perhaps the most important thing, it doesn't irritate my sensitive allergy ridden eyes!

The formula is slightly dry which makes me a bit worried how long my tube will last, but it's not what I would call an expensive mascara clocking in at around $10 without a sale.

The brush is slightly curvy, though not as pronounced as on the packaging and has small bristles, slightly longer on one side than the other. The wand itself isn't floppy (it is rather stiff) which I prefer over the more rubbery ones.
This is 2 coats on my lashes after coming home from grocery shopping. Please ignore the gross under eye circles!

This comes off easily with makeup remover and I haven't noticed losing more lashes than normal post removal. So all in all, not too bad! I'd repurchase with a sale.

Have you tried Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptous? What did you think?

If you have any suggestions for mascaras that hold curl really well, let me know! I'm always looking for the next best thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always had luck with Cover Girl Lash Blast~ Have you tried that one yet?

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Andi: I don't think so. Does it hold a curl well? I'll put it on my ever growing mascara list! =)

Post a Comment