Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July Birchbox

The July Birchbox got here! I was actually worrying about whether they would put something melt-able in this one. We've been getting record temperatures here lately and we have a communal metal mailbox. It's nice that it fits in it but the last thing I wanted was it getting stuck in there for hours on end while my husband and I were at work! Thankfully, no lipsticks in this one at the very least.

This month Birchbox partnered with Cynthia Rowley and put some of her favorite things in it. I quite liked the changing color scheme. Hot pink is nice but the aqua tissue paper was a fun change.
Even though this box doesn't technically involve any full size items (aside from the Kind bar - which by the way, I absolutely love already), I find it's a nice mix of items and generous sizes even if they are samples.

Included:
* Almond Apricot Kind Bar
* Zoya Touch Collection Polish in Pandora (mini .25oz| full size .5oz $8)
* Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Use Dry Oil (10 ml| full size 50ml $29.50)
* Redken Shine Flash Glistening Mist (2.1oz| full size 4.4oz $17)
* Philosophy Purity Cleanser (1oz| full size 8oz $20)

Technically the Redken size is a retail size and these usually go for $5 per ULTA's site. Even though there aren't any true full size items in this box, I'm pretty happy with it. Pandora is pretty much the one polish from the Touch collection I wanted to buy so I'm glad to have a bottle (albeit mini) of it. The Kind bar is going to get eaten soon and those are usually at least $1 at the store individually (not your av-er-age granola bar). The Philosophy Cleanser is similar to the 100 point cash ins at Sephora and great for travel. Especially with shipping included, I think this box is well worth the $10.

8 comments:

Eve said...

This is definitely worth the 10 dollars!

cait said...

Wow, I got totally different things! :D

I love, love the Redken mist already, and I've always loved Kind bars...very yummy.

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Y: I thought so!

@cait: Oooh! What did you get in yours? I'm curious now (and super nosy)!

Jaybird said...

I got the Kind bar, Redken Shine Flash, Purity cleanser, YBF eye brow pencil & Korres Guava shower gel. Definitely worth $10!

cait said...

I got the Korres Fig shower gel, the ybf brow pencil (which is full size and awesome!), Purity, Redken, and the Kind bar :)

Unknown said...

I ordered but i haven't got it yet. Looks cool for this month!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@jaybird, @cait: I'll admit, I'm a little jealous of your boxes!

@katherine: Either way I think everyone got lucky this month. =)

Stephanie said...

wow, our boxes are exactly the same! it's a great box!

Post a Comment