Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review: Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask

The Alchimie Forever Kantic Brightening Moisture Mask was another item I received for review as part of the Bloom Ambassador program. Alchimie Forever is a line from Sweden and all the products are made there. The Brightening Moisture Mask promises to "soothe, protect, and brighten dull skin". The mask is packed full of natural ingredients that are known for their soothing and softening properties. I have had great results from using Oats on my very sensitive skin so I was happy to see this great (albeit cheap) item on the ingredients list. Any other eczema prone people remember taking oat baths even without the chicken pox?!
The mask itself looks and smells like blueberry yogurt. It's definitely not the best scent out there but it's fairly unoffensive.
Oh hey Jeweled Thumb! My favorite past time is smearing what looks to be blueberry yogurt all over my face, too!
Afterwards, I can honestly say my skin felt smoother, softer and the mask seemed to make it bit more plump. I bet the results would be more apparent during the winter months when my skin is super dry, these days it's more normal than anything. My only issue with the product is the price. The 3.3floz jar retails for $60 which is a pretty large chunk of change for a face mask. I'd prefer a smaller size as it's hard for me to get through face masks unless I make a huge effort to use them up. I would highly recommend this mask if it was say, 1oz for $20 - still pricey but less significant in one go. Nonetheless, if you are looking for a moisturizing mask, this one was nice and didn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Water/Aqua, Glycerin, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Steareth-21, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polydimethylsiloxane, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Herb Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Chlorphenesin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance/Parfum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal

Disclosure: I received this mask for review as part of the Bloom Ambassador program and all opinions are my own. My review was heading towards the "go buy this" until I saw the price tag. Referral link also used.