Saturday, May 12, 2012

Review: Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup

I received the cutest ever gift with purchase recently. It was tiny little bottle of the new Benefit Hello Flawless Brightening Makeup SPF25 pa+++ in the lightest shade I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory. This foundation was on the list of those to try since it has a high sun factor and seemed to be a formula that would work with my dry skin. I was partially right.
The texture is almost runny and quite light feeling. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin. My problem was with the color. I'm Pure 4 Sure is the lightest shade that is carried in the line and the only way I could wear it made it more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. I had to sheer this way out or it looked ridiculous. I will say that it did not cling onto dry patches or look cakey on my driest areas so if you are dry and darker than me then you might love this.
Those that are pale and like to "warm themselves up" might like this as long as they wear it down the neck and on any exposed skin. I personally like to wear foundation that matches my skin. I was not able to build this up to any discernible coverage. I wore this out to dinner with my parents and it wore well though it did transfer onto the napkin. I wouldn't recommend this if you are pale and like to remain that way. I wish they brought out a true ivory shade or at least something resembling ivory. I'll likely use up my sample as a tinted moisturizer but would not purchase.