Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review: Grecian Oil Body Cream

I recently received a jar of the Grecian Oil Body Cream to try as part of the Bloom Ambassador program. The body cream contains olive oil and I was a bit worried as it's nearing the summer months and the last thing I want on my skin is a heavy cream. I was pleasantly surprised. The texture is light and almost feels like a gel but it sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue. 
One of the things I love about the cream is the scent. It smells exactly like almond biscotti but it doesn't linger so long to interact with perfumes or scent your sheets or clothing. The only complaint is that it doesn't appear that almond oil is in the product, and instead it claims "enriched with almond oil scent" which is a bit misleading. Given the claims of the product, I would have liked the scent to be more natural than simply added fragrance.
The body cream comes in two different sizes. There's the 2oz jar that I received that retails for $9.98 and an 8oz jar which retails for $24.98. The line offers a body lotion as well containing 8oz of product for $14.98. The limited range is definitely on the high end of the spectrum. Nonetheless, I have really enjoyed the cream and even with the synthetic scent, it's been a go-to with the recent high temperatures.

Disclosure: This was received as part of the Bloom Ambassador's program for review (used referral link).