Monday, May 21, 2012

Review: LashFood® Nano-Peptide Natural Eyelash Conditioner

Apologies in advanced for the multiple Bloom Ambassador posting in a row. You are going to get another one tomorrow but it includes a self-deprecating photo of me with a thick mask on so it should be worth your while.

I was recently sent a few products from the Lash Food line, new to Bloom, to try. If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you should know that I have naturally full and thick lashes, my issue is that they are heavy and point down naturally and don't hold a curl. I know many people are getting annoyed but seriously, I may as well not have lashes at all since you can't see them.

Lash Food retails for $80, which is cheaper than some and more expensive than other lash growth serums. It's marketed as a natural eyelash conditioner and is free of parabens, gluten, prostaglandins and is dermatologist tested and approved.

I liked that this doesn't burn if you happen to get it in the eyes (very easy with these types of products). I also didn't get irritation around the eye area. I had less lashes fall out over the course of the month that I used this product but no additional growth.

For me, these types of products simply aren't worth the money, though I buy them occasionally. If you are looking for a lash serum for sensitive eyes or skin and were thinking of one of the more expensive versions, I'd consider this and if you buy through Bloom, they have a very generous return policy. 

Disclosure: I received this item for review as part of the Bloom Ambassador program and this is my honest opinion.