Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

I mentioned I picked up a set at TJmaxx of the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream a few (ok more than a few) months ago. I didn't try this till I finished up the Lancome Nutrix Soothing Treatment Cream which I happen to love - er loved past tense since I have since used it up and have not yet re-bought. As you can see by the pan up above, I do really like the 8 Hour Cream. I use it as a night cream when my skin is feeling particularly parched and does a great job of giving it more moisture.

I also find that it doesn't leave my skin as greasy the next morning as the Lancome which I honestly didn't mind as usually I'm super dry and flaky so the grease was a pleasant change!

The texture is a bit strange and the smell is rather odd. It's not bad enough for me to not use the product but it's not a nice smell by any means. Simple yet somehow cute and retro packaging and a lower price tag than the Lancome makes me happy I found this stuff. I haven't used it as a lip moisturizer as I'm not sure I can handle the smell that close to my nose but as a night treatment, it's great.

Worth the hype but I wish they would do something about the smell.