Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Yves Rocher Micellar Cleansing Water

I know Yves Rocher doesn't get a lot of buzz in the beauty blogging world, but so far, I've only experienced good things from the brand. First of all, the price point is very favorable and if the retail price seems a little high the website almost always has sales. For instance, the item I'm reviewing today, the Micellar Cleansing Water, retails for $15 - on par with the Vichy version I was using previously. But right now on the website, it's 45% off making it $8.25 and the site runs dollar off promotions and almost always has free shipping codes.

This Micellar Cleansing Water is very comparable to the Vichy Solution; however, the Vichy might be slightly more gentle. The Yves Rocher doesn't irritate my skin but it is scented. As I've mentioned, I don't use these Micellar Waters for makeup removal, instead I use them in the morning instead of washing my face or during the day when I'm home as a refresher.

I find this one does a good job of cleansing my skin in the morning and doesn't leave it irritated or tight. The bottle contains 6.7oz of product. My only complaint is I wish the hole to pour the product out was a little smaller. I'm always worried about pouring these type of products down my sink!

If you've been curious about trying a few items from the Yves Rocher brand, I'd add this to your cart. 

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water (Roman Chamomile), Mangiferin (Mangiferin, a natural polyphenol is known to exhibit anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiviral effects), Glycerin, PEG-40 Glyceryl Cocoate (emulsifier), Betaine (humectant), Sodium Coceth Sulfate (Cleansing Agent), Methlyparaben, Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Oleth-20 (Cleansing Agent), Allantoin (moisturer), Fragrance, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (green tea extract), Tetrasodium Edta (preservative), Rose Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip Fruit Oil), Maltodextrin

Made in France