Saturday, December 19, 2009

Review: Mentholatum Water Colour Bubbly Wine

First of all, I really appreciate all of you who have taken the time to do the little poll on here and I'm seeing just how possible more posts are. During the week, I really don't have a lot of time to post, as I'm well, working and commuting and soon school will start again. But I'll do my best!

Anyway, as I mentioned not too long ago, I was able to get some makeup from overseas for quite a good price. One of the items I bought is from a line called Mentholatum. I'm happy to report that the lipbalm I received isn't minty as I'm not usually a fan of that. Anyway, these lipbalms are super cheap. I picked up the tinted for $2.60!

I think the packaging is quite ingenious. Most of the time when you buy something that is in a cardboard blister pack container you invariably ruin all the writing and information on the back and sides trying to pop the darn product out. Not sure if you can see it in these pics, but Mentholatum has a little plastic tab that keeps the majority of the packaging in tact. Hooray!


Do you see it? Sorry for the yellowish nails. I've been cooking/baking today (there's probably some peanut butter up there).

When I opened it up, the product comes in a slant tube (which for colored products I prefer over a flat one).

I was a bit nervous initially because it looks rather pigmented and creamy and I did order a tinted lip product after all, but it is quite sheer. This swatch is probably 6 or 7 times rubbing it back and forth on my hand. I'd say it's a touch rosier than it looks since we're working with yellowish indoor lighting.


One swipe of this on the lips is a very very sheer rosey color. Texture is more on the slippery slide. Not what I'd call moisturizing but not drying either. Fruity smell in the tube, horrible plastic smell/taste on the lips unfortunately. It isn't very strong but it's bad enough for me to take notice. It reminds me of the philosophy kiss me lipbalm before they changed the flavor of it. Pity, since otherwise it's a nice product.

Tossed this.