Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Skin Savior

Most winters are absolutely brutal on my skin. This one has been no exception. For me, even though my skin is dry, I still suffer from occasional breakouts, unevenness, roughness and other awesome bumps. Obviously everyone's skin is different but this winter I've learned that I need to slightly over-moisturize. And I've been using super rich creams and aside from an occasional pimple that comes to a head, I haven't broken out.

My winter skin savior?
Lancome Nutrix Soothing Treatment Cream, $45 1.9oz
This cream is super rich and once it kind of melts in, it kind of feels like rubbing butter all over your face, but in a good way. The no frills packaging evokes the time period that this first launched, 1963 - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.


If you have oily skin, you will hate this.
However, for us dry skinned gals, sometimes you want to look glowy and not matte and dry and parched like my skin tends to look. The price is a little high, but you don't need much though I like to slather it on since it feels so good and my skin feels so soft in the morning. After it softens with my body temperature, I also like to massage it in a little. It's a super thick and luxurious cream, almost like a salve.
Do you see the slightly sheen it has left on my hand above (it's not shimmer or anything though the lighting makes it look that way)? That is exactly what I'm missing in the winter months. Love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds lovely, I have super dry skin. But i don't like glowy, sheeny skin. But then again I could just powder over the top! Anyway it's irrelevant cause I don't use Lancome products :P

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Lillian: I only use it at night so my husband is the only one that has to deal with my butter face. Why don't you use Lancome?

Post a Comment