Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Review: Haus of Gloi Soft Bubbling Scrub Hearth

I hate to do reviews where you can't actually get what I'm talking about but I wanted to review everything I've received from Haus of Gloi, or at least give you idea of the scents. And even though their holiday collection (Yule '10) is pretty much long gone though there are a few bits and pieces left on the website, I hear that they tend to bring back scents every year.
I've used the Haus of Gloi Hearth Soft Bubbling Scrub for a couple of weeks now and I wanted to share my thoughts on this scent. I recently finished the Eggnogin' scrub which I strangely starting enjoying once I got over what I had envisioned the scrub to smell like. I think I might actually buy it next year (though only as a scrub I think).

Haus of Gloi describes the Hearth scent:
The warm glowing center of any home. Autumns last apple pickings, warm bread, orange rind, various fire roasted nuts, cracked black pepper all nailed down by an oozing sticky benzoin.


I like this scent until I get to the "various fire roasted nuts" bit and I think there is a pretty strong chestnut smell that kind of overpowers especially in the shower. The scent does stick around a little but the chestnut goes away for the most part and you are left with a kind of smokey vanilla-y baking scent. Also odd as there doesn't seem to be a sweet element to it.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'd buy anything in this scent description next year if it comes back.

Haus of Gloi now has their Valentine's Collection out and I'll be receiving what I ordered soon and reviewing those before I get to my other Yule scents (my shower is tiny so I can only fit 1 scrub at a time and I like to finish the ones I start before moving on to the next one).

3 comments:

Jamie Dorman said...

Sounds delicious!

Jeweled Thumb said...

@PCS: You should try HOG out if you haven't already and they are super affordable too!

Unknown said...

I love their scrubs. This was the only one of their christmas scents I thought I would like, and according to your opinion of it I'm sure I would have! Oh well :P

Post a Comment