Monday, August 22, 2011

Current Faves: Chubby Pencils

Lately, I can't get enough of chubby eye pencils. The two newest additions to my ever-growing collection are the two above, which I have been reaching for everyday. They are both so easy to just swipe right at the lash line and go. I'd imagine they'd work great as bases too. I get no transfer upon application and no smudging throughout the day. Love love love.
freshly sharpened just for you!
I am loving the Sephora Waterproof Jumbo Liner 12HR in Taupe which I picked up during the Sephora hatbox promotion. At $10 it is pretty close to drugstore prices and I have found nothing like this at the drugstore. This lasts for 12+ hours (it's actually a little shocking it lives up to the claims)!

I received the Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in Golden Triangle for participating a lot during the last Vox Box from Influenster. These pencils are significantly more expensive at $22 a pop but ULTA has sets of 2 for $35 which makes it only slightly more expensive than the Sephora liners. I find the color range for the Sue Devitt pencils much more work appropriate, their line consists of more classic colors, while the Sephora line is trying to compete with the somewhat crazier colored Urban Decay pencils. Same great lasting power. Golden Triangle is somewhere in between khaki and brown. It is beautiful yet subtle and fine for work.
 left Sephora Taupe | right Sue Devitt Golden Triangle
For some reason the green isn't showing up as much in the swatch, but it definitely has a green tinge, especially next to my brown eyes!

Both are made in Germany.

Both are awesome.

Go buy them!

Disclosure: I received the Sue Devitt because I love Influenster and talk about it a lot. I used shop sense links because I remembered this time. Once again, I make some pocket change if you click the links. Thankfully, I have a full time job and don't depend on it.