Saturday, August 20, 2011

L'oreal Valiant vs Revlon Carbonite

I was at CVS picking up a prescription and saw the L'oreal Colors of Hope collection that just came out. The palettes really didn't catch my eye, but one of the nail polishes definitely did! It's in the color Valiant #355 and I was pretty sure it was a dupe for Revlon Carbonite which is a close color to the Chanel Graphite.
In the bottles they look pretty similar.
But when you get them on the nails, Carbonite is definitely more glittery and speckled and Valiant is more of a true metallic, though the base color is very similar.
Here's a better picture (though you can see the sad state of my cuticles in this one - apologies!). From left to right: Revlon Carbonite (pointer), Revlon Carbonite (middle), L'oreal Valiant (ring), L'oreal Valient (pinkie)

Personally, I'm more of a fan of the Revlon. These retail for about $5 at drugstore nationwide. I hope this was helpful!