Sunday, November 20, 2011

Geo Girl Cosmetics

I was in a Walmart in the middle of nowhere and convinced DH to follow me into the cosmetic section where I happened upon this brand I had never heard of before. Geo Girl cosmetics is obviously targeted towards a younger market; however, the eco-inspired packaging caught my eye as well as the very reasonable price tag ($3.98 for the lipshine and eyeshadow, $5.98 for the moisturetint). Though I haven't fully worn the items, I'm impressed so far. The lipshine is a tinted lipbalm which comes in several different fruit-flavored shades, all of which smell like their namesakes. I picked up Raspberry which is a sheer pink with very subtle shimmer and quite nice. The Pressed Mineral eyeshadow I've tried is buttery smooth and highly pigmented. I picked up the most neutral and wearable shade: See Shells. I also got the Moisture Tint (ie. tinted moisturizer in the shade Light but I haven't even swatched that yet). I'm kind of regretting not picking up another lipshine in case this is a regional thing. I've never seen this line at my local Walmart!

You can also purchase Geo Girl on drugstore.com. I found this article about the somewhat controversial line here. Whatever their target age range, I think the line is suitable for all ages.

As a side note, catering towards younger girls is nothing new. I started wearing a bit of makeup when I was 12 and Walmart carried the Mary Kate & Ashley line which was also marketed to the tween market about 5 years ago.

Have you seen or tried this brand before? I obviously missed the drama back when it launched earlier this year!