Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vacation What I Brought vs What I Used

I'm a chronic over packer. What can I say? I like to be prepared! For this trip, we were traveling by car so there was no need to worry about airplane regulations and I didn't have to decant all my liquids. Instead of going through all the products I brought, I'm going to do a post of the items that I brought that I actually used! I didn't wear a full face of makeup most days so I didn't pack copious amounts of makeup. What I haven't included is the only lipstick I wore the whole trip, Revlon Pink Truffle which usually lives in my hand bag anyway. Other things you won't see that I packed and used are my deodorant, my toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a pair of tweezers.

Hair
Probably the only category I didn't over pack was hair. I only straighten my hair occasionally so I only brought products I use when I wash it. I didn't use a hair oil sample that I brought though.

* Bumble & Bumble BB Tonic Shampoo
* Wen Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner - this came in my first test tube
* Madre Labs Leave-In Conditioner - win this!

Makeup
I brought so many lip products and the only thing I actually wore was the Revlon Pink Truffle. No lipgloss, no other lipstick, nada. I also brought another liquid foundation-type thing: Missha BB Cream that I didn't touch. I guess I figured that I may use up the Becca? Obviously I need to rethink my packing habits!

* Becca Luminous Skin Color in Sand
* Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original in Fair
* Cargo Blush in Molokai
* Pixi Eye Bright Primer sample - not bad!
* Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Almost Famous
* MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Gilded White - great for the waterline
* Revlon 3D Extreme Waterproof mascara
* Stila Naturaleyes Palette
* Geo Girl Pressed Mineral Shadow in See Shells - I bought this on the trip and this is a great all over base color!

Tools
I think the only other product I brought with me and didn't use was a big powder brush. Otherwise it all got used!

* Brush Off Makeup Brush Cleanser
* The Body Shop nail file
* Mally Blush Brush
* Amazing Concealer Eyeshadow Brush
* Sephora Professional Round Crease Brush
* ELF Eye Shadow Brush
* ULTA Retractable Kabuki
* Missha Blending Brush
* Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Body
I brought a Viktor & Rolf mini that I didn't touch, another The Body Shop body butter and the Mango Mend which I didn't use as I was worried about messing up sheets.

* Victoria's Secret Comfort Body Mist
* La Rocca Champagne & Acai Body Polish - I finished this early on in the trip.
* Philosophy Snow Angel Body Wash - This was in my test tube and I swear it smells exactly like Bath & Body Works Pearberry!
* True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Hand Cream
* The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter 

Skincare

I didn't do too badly when it came to facial skincare, though I wasn't sure how much face wash I would use so I brought another sample size that I didn't use. Also Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Otherwise, not too shabby.

* Nuance Facial Cleansing & Toning Towelettes
* Ahava Cleansing Cream
* Sircuit Skin Fixzit
* On10 Club Soda lipbalm
* Makeup Forever Sens'Eyes Cleanser
* Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals Moisturizer
* H2O Sea Pure Eye Cream

At least now I'll know what I actually need to bring and what's excess! Are you also a serial over-packer? What I used to transport everything was a Missoni for Target travel bag that I managed to find 50% off a week or so before my trip. Score!