Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Pink Truffle

The blogosphere has been a-buzz regarding these new Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters and for good reason! With sleek packaging, an array of colors, a moisturizing formula and a nice price tag, it shouldn't be much of a surprise. I picked up a few last week when Revlon products were about 40% off after Extrabucks and the Lip Butters were already reduced from the $8 or so retail price to $6.99. Pink Truffle is the first one I tried and I am in love!
Pink Truffle is a slightly browned pink. It is pretty neutral and is the perfect "my lips but better" shade for girls with some pigment to their lips. This color gives a brightening effect to the face but not in a "woah I'm wearing bright lips" sort of way.
 What I really love is the formula. I have dry lips. Whether I drink liters of water a day or drink nothing, my lips are usually dry. I found the Maybelline Baby Lips to be reasonable to wear, but I wouldn't find them moisturizing, in fact, after using them for a few weeks, I'd dare to say they are a bit drying. This on the other hand, actually moisturizes my lips while I'm wearing it with the color that I'd get from a sheer lipstick!

I find this comparable to the Clinique Buttershines and the discontinued Stila High Shines - though the price tag on the Revlon Butter Shines is much better!

Definitely pick these up at your local drugstore if you manage to find them. The good news is I've heard they will be permanent to the Color Burst line in January 2012!