Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Haus of Gloi Plotter's Breakfast Bubbling Scrub

I treated myself to a small Haus of Gloi Soft Bubbling Scrub haul last week. I have missed this scrub! It's the perfect consistency and since it's "bubbling" it washes away and doesn't leave any sort of residue. The one I used first was the Plotter's Breakfast scent, described by Haus of Gloi as "Oatey porridge, stove smoke, kindling wood, a hint of gunpowder and pinch of sweet pipe tobacco" this definitely made my think of another version of Snow Wolf - a favorite of mine.

To me this smells exactly like a fireplace. If Haus of Gloi ever got into home fragrances, this would be the ideal scent for candles during the winter season, especially for those of us that don't have fireplaces. It misses the wearable vanilla and cedar notes of Snow Wolf so I wouldn't actually want to wear this as a fragrance which makes me happy I didn't buy the body butters or perfume oils with this scent. Only a tiny bit of smokiness stays around after using it, but it's very faint. I really like this and would repurchase but not consider wearing it for any lingering fragrance purposes.