Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review: Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes Evening Soothe

The Pond's Evening Soothe Cleansing Towelettes came in the target beauty bag from a few months ago. I was in the middle of working through a package of the Salma Hayek Nuance Detoxifying and Toning Wipes which I started liking more than my review would lead you to believe as every time the Salma Hayek line goes on sale, I have been picking up a pack or two of them (very mini review - the packaging keeps the wipes moist all the way to the last one which makes the price a little easier to handle - with the sales they've been comparable to the other wipes I mentioned in the original review and they remove makeup and eye makeup well and they don't irritate my eyes/skin and if I don't cleanse afterwards due to laziness they do not break me out). Anyway, I did finish the Salma Hayek ones and I'm supposed to be reviewing the Pond's so let's get to it!

The Pond's generally retail for around $6 but can often be gotten on sale or in multi-packs which brings the price down significantly. The wipes are quite saturated with product but are a little soapy. The smell isn't my favorite as it's the chamomile and white tea mixed with soap. I don't mind soapy smells especially in cleansing products, but I hate when they add other scents to try to cover them up. The wipes removed makeup well but really burned my eyes. Even though I use my old standby, Makeup Forever Sens-eyes, I still like to quickly run the wipe of the moment over the eye area to catch anything the Q-tips didn't pick up. I wouldn't be able to do that with this makeup wipe and for that reason I would not repurchase. I'm sure those with less sensitive eyes would be fine but for me it's a no-go.