Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover with Cornflower Water

A sample of the Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover With Cornflower Water came in my November Birchbox. As I already have a Holy Grail (HG) makeup remover (the Makeup Forever Sens'eyes) I felt no great pull to try this one. But curiosity got the best of me and I'm also trying to weed through the sample sizes currently littering my bathroom counter. The Klorane Soothing Eye Makeup Remover comes in a 3.4oz bottle and retails for $9 - which is fairly reasonable all things considered as it's not a drugstore brand. The problem is it doesn't work. Sure it removes eyeshadow but most regular cleansers do, even ones that don't specify they are for makeup removal.

I took a cotton square, doused it with a generous portion of the remover and set it on my eye and patted. The first time I used it I maybe did that for 10-15 seconds and swiped it away and hardly any of my waterproof mascara came off. So I tried it again and left it on for a full minute. Same thing. Some of it came off but the Qtip that followed with a smidge of the MUFE got it off in a few seconds. Even though the price is very reasonable, I would not repurchase and I wouldn't recommend if you use any waterproof products.