Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bloom Haul & Why I Love It!

I've been waiting on one last remaining item to post about my Black Friday Bloom.com haul when they were offering 40% Bloom Bucks back on most purchases. I spent a little over $100 so I was eligible to receive the maximum amount of Bloom Bonus items and I received just over $40 to spend on a future order. The Bloom Bonus is great and something I haven't seen anywhere else. Sephora has something similar with the 100 and 500 point perks but I truly think the Bloom version is superior. You'll see why in a minute.
Depending on how much money you spend, you have the option of selecting free samples with your purchase. There are 3 different levels,  Silver, Gold and Platinum. If you buy under $50 worth, you get the typical 3 trial-size (standard Sephora-like) samples. If you spend $50 to $100 you get the 3 trial size and 2 mid size (ie. deluxe) samples and if you spend over $100 you receive 3 trial size, 4 mid-size and 1 full size product!
Here's what I actually paid for. The Glo-Minerals set is a gift for a friend which includes a 8-pan eyeshadow palette, a blush duo, some brushes, a lipgloss and a little makeup bag which sells for $68. This was clearly the majority of my purchase. I also bought a backup of the Sircuit Skin Fixzit Blemish Drying Serum and the Exuviance Purifying Cleansing Gel which I have used before and is great for makeup removal. I'm over halfway done with the NYX All Purpose Makeup Remover Gel and I bought this bottle to replace it.

Now, what I got for free. The Bloom Bonus always comes in a cute yellow drawstring baggy. This time, not all of my freebies fit in the baggy though, I just hate when that happens! :-p

Since I spent over $100, I hit the platinum level Bloom Bonus. During checkout, I selected the following:
For my 5 trial sized:
Mor Sugar Rose Tiger Lily Hand Cream packet, Mor Basil & Grape Hand Cream packet, Mor Honey Nectar Hand Cream packet, Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Creme packet, Babor Pure Day Cream packet
For my 4 mid-sized:
Yes to Carrots Melon C Me Smile Lip Butter (this is full sized and retails for ~$3.69), Cargo lip gloss in Tokyo & Paris (each is .45 grams), Mor Soapette in Snow Gardenia (this is a retail size and sells for $9)
1 full size:
Ever since trying the Mor Belladonna Body Butter, I have been itching to try it in another scent but the price tag made me hesitant to pull the trigger. When this showed up as a freebie I was ecstatic. I'm referring to the Mor Emporium Body Butter in Blood Orange which seems to be more up my alley. It retails for $25.

Being able to pick out my freebies and potentially getting full sized items in an order (plus always getting at least 10% in Bloom Bucks back) has me ordering from Bloom more often than any other e-tailer. My only complaint is they don't stock as many brands as Sephora does. Maybe with time, they'll get even more brands on board.



Disclosure: This post includes my referral link. I receive Bloom Dollars to spend if you click through these links, join the site and make a purchase.