Thursday, November 5, 2009

In Which I Ask You What To Buy

So, Paypal recently sent out this neat little rebate/coupon thingy for sasa.com and some other retailers not based in the US (order stuff $20 or more, get free shipping and a rebate back in your paypal account of $20!). Of course, I didn't really care about any of the others. Why waste $20 on things other than beauty? Anyway, it expires on the 17th of November and I want to use it but I am seriously overwhelmed whenever I visit the website. Obviously, I could buy something I'm familiar with, but where's the fun in that? So, dear readers. Any faves from Sasa.com? Anything you've even heard about but never tried? Anything that looks particularly cute that you want me to review?

Note: This apparently only works if you were personally sent the code by paypal, or else I would be totally all about sharing.

2 comments:

G. said...

OMG, ok, first of all, how lucky are you to get this from paypal? I'm wondering if I got one too but automatically deleted it thinking it was the usual boring promotional stuff?

Second, I am always a deer caught in headlights when I visit sasa. I've never bought anything from them simply because, like you, I'm insanely overwhelmed. I am convinced that all of my holy grail products are just sitting there on that site, waiting for me to discover them. lol.

Here are a few things that are drool-worthy for me. Since you're getting free shipping, I'll start with something heavy:

Aquolina, makers of Pink Sugar, have a very successful international line of bath products that you can't get in the US. Watermelon or Iced Tea shower gels, anyone? Yum!

http://sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/searchProduct.jspa?brandId=4914

And here's a Maybelline product that one of my readers turned me on to. I've been dreaming about it ever since, because who knows if/when it will ever become available here:

http://sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=103009407030

And here's a cheapie product that always mesmerizes me, for the name if anything:

http://sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=103578002009

"Water in lip" makes me think these lip balms are the most magically moisturizing products ever created. lol. There are more flavors than just the lemon, btw.

Hope that helps, rather than adds, to the confusion! :)

Jeweled Thumb said...

@Recessionista!: So many pretty items. Thankfully (?) I'm too pale for the Maybelline, but I am totally going to score 1 or 2 of those "water in lip" thingies.

You should totally look through your trash folder just to see though. I thought it was spam too and then I read it and was surprised it was actually a really good deal!

I'm tempted to get some of those sheet masks everyone always talks about, but my skincare routine is so simple, I'm not sure I'd actually use them?

I think this weekend I'll sift through the many oodles of pretty products and actually pick something to order. =)

Post a Comment