Sunday, October 9, 2011

Review: Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Eye Primer

As part of the Beauty Stat Blogger program, I was recently sent a sample of the Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Eye Primer. It promises to be crease-proof, act as a corrector and also minimizes the appearance of fine line and wrinkles.
I've been testing it out for a couple of weeks and while I don't feel it has the major longevity of the Urban Decay Primer Potion, it does last for a significant time without creasing on my lids (I got a good 6 hours before I had creasing and what I had was minimal). What it does have that many primer products don't is a tint. This is both good and bad. It's great for those of us with fairer skins that could use some concealing on the lids. However, it doesn't work on all skin tones as the clear versions do.

I also found that it was a bit harder to blend color on top of this primer. This is usually a non-issue for me as I don't often wear more than a simple color all over the lid, but lately, I've actually been blending a color into the crease and applying color over the product isn't easy without dusting a light shade or clear powder prior to doing the actual crease work.

What I've really enjoyed using this for is when I'm too lazy to do an actual eye look and I just wear this with mascara. I also don't find this as drying as the Illuminare colors.
The packaging is a standard doe foot applicator and the regular size comes in a slim tube, containing .14oz of product and retails for $21 which I feel is a little bit high. However, Korres is well known for putting out high value sets. For instance, right now you can get the Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Eye Primer, the Anti-Aging Face Primer ($33) and the Anti-aging and Anti-wrinkle Concealer ($22) all for $28.

I was impressed by the wear time I got and if you are fair to light, I'd definitely try this as an alternative to some of the other eye primers out there. I'm not sure if those with oily lids would get great wear time but it doesn't hurt to try or seek a sample from a store like Sephora.

For more information on the KORRES® products, please visit www.korresusa.com.

Disclosure: I received this sample from Beauty Stat but all opinions are my own.