Friday, January 13, 2012

Black Eye Liner Comparison

Socialite Dreams asked if I knew of any shiny black liners on my Laura Geller Inkwell Review. I keep on hearing how exasperated sigh it is (like) so hard to find matte gel/liquid liners. Totally.

Honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of non-pencil type liners. I'm usually in a rush so my hand is usually shaky and that does not work well with liquid or gels! I was at Sephora doing "blog research". Thanks for giving me an excuse to go in there, Socialite Dreams!
Seriously, I don't know how Karla Sugar does it cause doing this gave me the weirdest looks in Sephora. Also, ignore the "gel pencil" liner on the far right. That was the Tarte one and it kept on breaking while I swatched/wrote. Ok, that aside, the swatches in the order of shininess are...

1. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner - You might not be able to see this from the swatch but this is the most opaque and the shiniest (you can kind of see it compared to the one next to it, the MUFE liner - which looks much more flat/matte).
2. Sephora Long Lasting Eye Liner - This is not the true black shade but it is 2nd in shininess compared to the Stila.
3. & 4. Make Up Forever Aqua Liner and the Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner - These two aren't a flat black but again not as shiny as the Stila.

With Flash.

I hope this was helpful!