Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Kate Somerville True Lash Lash Enhancing Eye Makeup Remover

As many of you know, my Holy Grail (HG) eye makeup remover is the Makeup Forever Sens'eyes; however, I'm never one to ruling out trying new removers especially for high end brands I'd rarely purchase on my own. The Kate Somerville True Lash Lash Enhancing Eye Makeup Remover came in a recent Neimans order and I quickly decanted the little packet into a spare jar. It's supposed to be a multi-use product as it promises to not only remove makeup but condition and strengthen lashes with a SymLash226™ Complex and that's not all folks, it even claims to reduce the appearance of fine lines and puffiness around the eyes. Honestly, all I care about is the eye makeup removing properties as I've found the less I tug on the sensitive eye area the stronger and fuller my lashes are and the less I lose.

The tube comes with 1.7oz of product and retails for a hefty $35 (the MUFE comes with just about twice the product for $23). Not only did I find that I had to use twice the amount of the Kate Somerville to get off my mascara, even still it left remnants behind that the MUFE quickly cleaned up. Clearly I don't think this is worth the money and I'll be continuing to use and love my MUFE.

Ingredients




Water (Aqua), Caprylyl Methicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Propandiol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Hyaluronate, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract , Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea, Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Urea, Triacetin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)