Friday, January 20, 2012

Cracking The Skincare Code

Crystal from Valentine Kisses commented on my skincare "Cleansing Hunter" post about mixing cleansers. Honestly, the idea had never occurred to me before. Sure, we mix other things, like foundations with other foundations, foundations with moisturizers to create your perfect tinted moisturizer shade, color correcting products with others. For me there was the concern of things interacting but so far I haven't run into any problems. The best part, is I think I've cracked the Cleanser Hunt.

Lately, what I've been doing is taking a little squirt of the Ahava Gentle Cleansing Cream (received in the October Birchbox) and an equal sized pump of the Philosophy Purity and use that to cleanse my face. The more moisturizing properties of the Ahava keep the Purity from drying me out meanwhile I get the deeper cleanse that the Purity provides.

I won't say this is "Holy Grail" cause let's face it, we all want an all-in-one product. It's cheaper and it's more convenient. But since I have cleansers sitting around that need to be used and I know which do the job best and where they are potentially lacking, I can fill in with other products to get my "perfect" cleanser.

Have you ever mixed cleansers (or other products) to get a cocktail that best suits you?