Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter Melon

I mentioned that as part of my Bloom Bonus, I received a full retail size of the Yes To Carrots C Me Smile Lip Butter in the Melon flavor. Yes To Carrots is a line that is all natural and for the most part organic. Even though I haven't had the best of luck with the range, I was excited to try this lip butter and even happier that it came free with my order.

This is aptly named a lip butter as it is thinner and slightly more oily than other lip balms on the market. I prefer my balms on the waxier side (not like rubbing a candle all over your lips but thick enough that they stay put). I find the thinner the balm, the easier it rubs off and the less it truly moisturizes for me. This is so thin and even slathering it on overnight, my lips were dry and flaky in the morning. The scent is really nice but I use lip balm to moisturize my lips, not dry them out!

Kind of disappointing as the natural ingredients and the very reasonable price were quite attractive. One day I'm going to figure out which ingredient(s) just don't work for me so I can stop being disappointed and just buy what I know will already work. Until then, you all will get the reviews, the good and the bad.

Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Flavor, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Organic Linalool, Organic Limonene, Organic Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Organic Cucumis Melo Cantalupensis (Melon) Seed Extract, Organic Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Organic Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Organic Citral, Organic Geraniol, Organic Eugenol