Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Review: Lierac Hydrofilia Fluid Body Cream For Dry Atopic Skin

I picked this up on a whim at my local CVS one day as it seemed right up my alley. The Lierac Hydrofilia Fluid Body Cream is specifically formulated for dry and atopic skin and promises "immediate comfort" and "prolonged hydration". If you didn't already know by now, I have dry skin. While the skin is dry on my face, it's even worse on my body (it's so dry when I pull on tights, I get a cloud of dry skin - sorry TMI and gross but true). The issue that I've had recently is that some lotions that say they are formulated for dry skin simply leave a film on top of the skin and don't truly hydrate it. The Fluid Body Cream is a great name for it, as it's thick but once on the skin, it becomes thinner and more fluid and rubs in quite easily. It sinks in quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue like other lotions. The best part is it has done a great job of keeping my skin hydrated and I rarely have periods of intense itching when I use this.

The smell is a light floral and isn't offensive however the lotion is definitely fragranced so those sensitive to scents or fragrance additives should probably steer clear. I quite like this lotion, although for the price, I would prefer a few more ounces. It looks as though it was repackaged recently and now comes in a 4.97 oz pump bottle for $32.00 (I have the squeeze tube which was probably the same retail price but I got on sale).

If you suffer from extremely dry, itchy, flaky skin yet don't like super heavy, greasy and sticky lotions (who does really), I would consider giving this a try. I'm not sure I'd repurchase only because I tend to get tired of different lotions and potions, but I'd definitely consider it cause this stuff works (even with the crazy price tag).

Ingredients: WATER( AQUA). LECITHIN.GLYERCIN.BUTYLENE GLYCOL. GLYCERL STEARATE. PEG-100 STEARATE. CYCLOMETHICONE. ETHYLHEXYL ETHYLHEXANOATE. CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN). GLUCOSE. XANTHAN GUM. MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM). MENTHA PIPERITA (PEPPERMINT) EXTRACT. HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. STEAROXY DIMETHICONE. DIMETHICONE. POLYACRYLAMIND. C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN. LAURETH-7. CAMELLIA KISSISEED OIL. HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE. TOCOPHEROL. PEG-10 RAPESEED STEROL. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PHENOXYETHANOL. METHYLPARABEN. ETHYLPARABEN. BUTLPARABEN. ISOBUTYLPARABEN. PROPYLPARABENBOTANICAL ORIGIN (D’ORIGINE VÉGÉTALE)